Wednesday, January 21, 2009

No Picture Today

I wanted to post but the sun has gone down and taking a picture (of what?) just to have a picture is kinda lame. So no picture.

Yesterday tired me out. I got back from running errands and getting my hair cut, in time to see the swearing in and the "speech". Then Riley and I went for our two mile walk and got back in time to see the bodies being removed from the luncheon (dramatic license). The parade was WAY too long and the balls don't really look very much like "balls" with 5ooo people shuffling around in a room the size of a football field eating cafeteria food.

Michele needs some fashion advice as the open coat in 17 degree weather was ridiculous. The dress and a sweater even more so for the lunch and the dress with the train was not meant for dancing unless she was taught how to hold the train up behind her left hip as she danced. She wasn't. The first daughters were very cute.

Coverage on all the stations went on and on but was always kind (except for Glenn Beck on Fox who went off about the racist comments in the benediction). Black not moving back. Brown stick around (Mexicans crossing the borders?), Yellow being mellow (?) and White doing right. Glenn didn't like the white doing right. Racist. And Beck SAW Obama SMILE at the benediction. All the PROOF needed to, shall we say, "tar and feather" the new president? Fox. When you think they can't sink further, they do.

On that note, I switched to TiVo and watched some cooking shows and a Mentalist re run.

G had today off so we did some chores and had Chinese lunch. A quiet day filing and paying bills and taxes, dropping clothes at Goodwill -- that sort of thing. I have one more load of laundry to wash and dry and clean sheets to put on the bed. G is playing with Riley. Almost time for the evening news. A slow quiet day.

Chicken Marsala and Black Bean Soup tomorrow. Popcorn tonight. It is whole grain so could be considered a meal. Sort of.

2 comments:

Annie said...

UH, oh, Joanne, I love you dearly, but here is where our tastes diverge. I like Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh. Have listened to their radio shows since they started many years ago.

You can throw shoes at me if you want.

: )

Del said...

I'm with you, Joanne. I'm even sleeping better, I think. Like so many people have commented, I feel like I have dropped a burden carried for too many years. I'm sure that African-Americans have an even greater feeling of 'release'. I had a small taste of Fox when it started and that was all I could take. What bigots.