Sunday, June 15, 2008

Shed Happens

Here's a picture of our little yard shed with it's new green door. Lovely green. I matched it to the leaves on our rhododendron. Tones down the tan/yellow of the house paint (which is also on the shed).

My stoop planter with verbena and blue slippers. I walked out into the early evening, rainy light to take pictures for the blog. Now my slippers are damp and my feet are cold.

G wanted "Thanksgiving dinner" today for Father's Day so I had to go to the grocery store AGAIN to get a rotisserie turkey, sweet potatoes to bake, cranberry sauce, white potatoes to mash and broccoli to steam. I mixed Knorr brown and roast turkey gravy mixes together and that was tasty. We also had Stove Top dressing. It was cold and rainy today so having the oven on wasn't too bad. Our daughter treated her dad to a Blizzard at DQ.

Work tomorrow and G says it will be raining all week. Ugh! I signed up as the volunteer "bus guide" for the Master Gardener's Garden Tour this Saturday. I'll be on the bus with 6 to 12 seniors from a very nice assisted living place nearby. I'm supposed to chat during the 30 to 40 minute ride to the gardens (12) and answer any questions they ask me. There will be additional Master Gardeners in each garden so they can answer questions also. The garden owners are supposed to have identifying plant markers. I get a bus ride, free admission to the garden tour, tea at one stop and a snack at another. Pretty decent exchange. Let's hope the day is sunny but cool.

Book Sale is Wednesday the 25th. My moment of Zen. Recessions would seem to be a good time to sell used books, but not so. In a recession there is NO extra money for anything but food, gas and utilities. I was sort of hoping old Dubya would pull a Gas Rabbit out of his cowboy hat and lower oil prices as a farewell gesture. Not happening. He's taking a European Vacation instead.

No comments: