Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Wishing It Was Spring

Today began with a wet snowfall on top of the ice still on the street. But some snow is good for traction when on foot (not by car as I found out) and the puppy and I got in our usual morning walk (a bit late). I made an emergency visit to the dentist. My teeth are very sensitive and now whenever I put food, water, toothpaste etc in my mouth and it's not the "exact"same temperature as my teeth--I get a shock of sensation which is unpleasant. It goes away after a while but I was starting to worry. I have to switch toothpaste for a bit and swab my gum line with floride and hope that this works.

I did some fabric sorting yesterday and played with a piece of fabric I had discharged with a straight pour of bleach onto the damp fabric. I began a drawing on a segment of the fabric with a silver Prismacolor pencil. I think I will continue to draw on the fabric and then layer it with batting and do some stitching into the areas that need texture and shading. I quite enjoyed doing that "pick stitch" on my chocolate piece. I will be more mindful of where I place my needle and thread this time!

I have a new book to read-- well, it's my second go round with this particular book. I just wasn't ready to read it last time. Quiet Girl by Peter Hoeg. A review mentioned that it was as interesting a read as Smilla's Sense of Snow which I loved. So now I am "prepped" to begin reading. A few pages every once in awhile when the puppy can see me sitting quietly and he can relax his vigil and nap. I have already "trained" him to doze off whenever I am seated here with my blog business. I start typing and he sighs audibly and settles down (with one eye open --in case -- but soon he is asleep).

He is standing here with his sweet head on my left hand gazing into my eyes. Tail swinging. I think he has other plans for the afternoon. LOL.

What's Good Today: Snow is melting. Temperatures are mild. Bean Soup in the fridge for my supper. My ancientNine West boots are indeed waterproofed (my husband coated them three times at the start of winter) and today I wore them and slopped around in water and slush going to the dentist, library and walking the dog. My socks are still dry.

What's Not: Dentist says I am NOT doing a good job of brushing my teeth. I told him I think of him as a "necessary evil". Yes, I did!

1 comment:

gema said...

Good to see you are braving the snow and ice for your walk. You have some yum yum fabrics there, can't wait to see what you have in store. Love your chocolatey piece. Give your dog a hug from 'a reader'. He is a good doggie.