Friday, February 08, 2008

And Then It Snowed Some More

Riley and I took our walk in the falling snow on unplowed roads. Which is a good thing as the plowing uncovers the icy road surface. We met a nice black lab named Sunny. Her owner "walks" her by tossing a fetch toy and she runs and gets it and brings it back to him. Sunny was put through all her "paces" and Riley and I got to watch her "heel" "sit" "wait" and "fetch". Riley was more interested in "smelling" Sunny's nether regions. At the end of our walk, Riley was approached by a white shepherd dog running loose. Riley thought they could play but the shepherd attacked. I was going to try and grab him and call animal control but decided that was too dangerous. A white dog running across a busy road on a snowy day doesn't stand a good chance of making it back home. But I didn't want my dog hurt.

Guess what I found during the cleaning up process? More crazy dotted fabric. A tiny piece of green and lots of blue. No orange.

I already have plans for the blue dots. I think I have some tiny spotted batik in one of the storage containers. Probably the one on the bottom of the pile. Lifting is good exercise, right?

K called and we chatted and watched Survivor together. Jonny Fairplay pulled a fast one on the Survivor producers. He asked to be eliminated. I wonder if they paid him to appear hoping for huge ratings--he really is the biggest liar they ever had on the show -- if they did pay him to appear (and I think he would have required $$$$) then he played them but good. Jeff, the host, seemed very unhappy by this outcome. I was also. Jonny Fairplay is fun to watch. But we do have a "sleep around" slut to watch. Parvati did James this week and will be doing Ozzy next week. And she's wearing a skimpy polka dot bikini. Got to love reality television.

Big Brother is coming on again. I hope the writer's strike is over soon.

G and I had lunch at Ruby Tuesday yesterday. I had the salad bar, one mini hamburger and two fries. I was saving calories for raspberry cobbler later. Well worth saving for as it was delicious.

What's Good Today: G home from work early to do snowblowing. Riley napping. Soup for lunch. Nice shower after walking the dog and my hair looks good. Laundry: washing, drying and folding.

OH! On a TiVo show I watched yesterday these two women were showing off their "downsized" condo and in the bath they had these really high counters for the sink. The host said "I'm tall, but those counters are high even for me" and one of the women said "well, it's because we needed someplace for the washer and dryer!!!!". A perfect solution to my bathroom problem. I will have to rethink the sink area--as they had sliding doors to cover the appliances when not in use.

2 comments:

Deborah Boschert said...

Well I'm sorry about the dog attack. Scary. But what I'm really wondering about is that fabulous portrait at the top of the post. You didn't say anything about it!

gema said...

I was just about to ask the same question too, I saw it yesterday and was astounded by its beauty to talk...LOL...no that's a lie...
But did you just complete that piece? You just recently showed the picture of the drawn eye right?

Long:
My late dog would never attack another dog but he wouldn't run away either if another dog attacked. He would give as good as he got and fought well and fair.

Sometime in his last year, we were on our morning walk in the woods and came upon a massively huge dog which was oh so beautiful, just beautiful. He was followed by an old Mexican lady, who must have been about 80 yrs, so she didn't have him on a leash and didn't speak a language that I speak (I don't speak spanish). This dog lives in the woods, I know the owner and the Mexican lady is((was?) his dad's old housekeeper that he took to live with him after his dad had died.
So, after running up to my dog on a leash, this beauty decided to fight my dog. I just stood and watched because I knew my dog wasn't going to back down. But it seems this dog was just a number too large and strong for my dog (who wasn't so small himself) Beauty kept jumping on my dog's back to get him down. My dog was getting tired so I decided to go between them (I know it can be dangerous, but somehow I knew Beauty wouldn't attack me). I shook my finger at Beauty and admonished him harshly. He backed off, understanding very well that he was naughty. You should have seen the amazing look my dog gave me....!!!As in 'why the heck did you take so long' He was so very grateful, you would have thought I had saved him from something awful. He hung around me all day, just wanting to be close....he probably thought I was the Alpha dog.

Six months later I had to have him put down. Which is probably why he didn't have much strength to at he time. I didn't know he was so very ill. I didn't get another dog...can't deal with the 'putting down' part of life.