Tuesday, September 18, 2007

It's My Birthday

Today I am 61. I wore a blue dress that I bought in 1987. Twenty years ago I was this size and weight. Sort of a time warp thing. When I began this "healthy eating plan" I set a goal of wearing the blue dress--a favorite of mine-- on my birthday. Nine months later I actually can wear it.

This will be a birthday I remember forever. For good reasons and for terrible reasons. The terrible reasons won't be discussed here until I discuss my First Amendment Rights and my blog with an attorney. Yeah. Terrible.

A friend brought "birthday sushi" to the library for me. I just finished it for dinner. Delicious as always. I think I could eat my friend's homemade sushi everyday. Just amazing.

The comments wishing me a happy birthday have been welcome. You are all so very dear to me! Who knew I would make such enduring friends in such an electronic forum.

Both of my children have called and we had wonderful conversations. My two dear girlfriends both took time to call even though they are very busy. My walking buddy called early to schedule a "birthday walk" and we did 3 miles and laughed and talked the whole time. My co worker and friend surprised me with a fabric bouquet. Very nice surprise and thoughtful. I was even surprised to be invited to a birthday lunch by two of my co workers today with the hour when I should have been working covered by another co worker.

Right now I'm tired, confused, questioning everything, wondering if I should even be posting. Life does come at you fast.