Saturday, September 15, 2007

Happy Wedding Anniversary

Thirty nine years. And with no actual "Will you marry me" from G. Nope. Never asked. And no engagement ring either. I did get a wedding ring. Nice wide gold band. And now I have diamonds.

We've had good years and really awful years. But we take care of each other and are good company on long car rides and winter evenings. We garden well together also. And make each other laugh.

Today I was happy to be married to him. I was sitting in my "breakfast chair" talking to G and watching the puppy play and looked up and what to my wondering eyes did appear--a BAT. Clinging to the silk lining of the hanging lamp shade. G calmly collected the BAT, showed it to me and the pup and then took it outside. A BAT in my HOUSE!

Now I think we may have to move to a house without a BAT.

Oh, G thought TOMORROW was our anniversary. He has only remembered it correctly once--our twenty year. With flowers (20 white roses), dinner and a diamond wedding band presented with raspberry cheesecake-- my favorite. Lovely memory!

2 comments:

His Office, My Studio said...

Happy Anniversary! I would have to move too to a house without a bat.

Our husbands drive us crazy but we would not want to be without them.

Shelina said...

Happy Anniversary Joanne. I would be happy to be married if I had a husband who would take the bat out of the house. That alone would be worth it.