Friday, August 11, 2006

Time & Patience

I'm having "one of those" days. No direction, too much sugar. I got a lot done yesterday--not what I had planned to get done--- but a lot of other stuff. I made a real dinner. Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, cucumber salad and steamed broccoli. I got the expected "arrival home time" for my husband wrong, so I made his plate and flew out the door to a meeting. Hello/Goodbye.

I am supposed to be 1. machine quilting or 2. reading RFQ's for my committee. We got seven. Lots of reading to be done by Sunday. Instead, I am sort of wandering around, looking out the windows, watering plants, making a coffee cake for dessert tonight and looking for new blogs to read. I even paid some bills and called my cable provider to complain that Bravo is missing. I was sort of hoping to speak to someone in India, like last time I called, but got Nicole ( she told me her name at least four times) and she said Bravo was experiencing network problems.

We are "housetraining" our new TiVo. It still thinks we like "Walker, Texas Ranger" and everything now playing on the country music channel. My husband gave everything "3" thumbs down last night. Teach that TiVo a lesson! The day before we got Sex In The City and lots of stuff off the MTV channel. We're almost 60 years old! My son says it takes time and patience to train the TiVo to only select/record things you really like.

Think I'll have a sandwich and go down to the quilt room and fool around getting the walking foot on the old Bernina--- always need time and patience for that--- then maybe thread the machine. I may even sew. I am certainly NOT reading the RFQ's today. Could check on the Bravo situation on the televison again. Here I go.

1 comment:

Deborah Boschert said...

Oh I hate those limbo-kind-of-days. Maybe it just means that TODAY is going to be fantastic.