Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Peas, Please

I managed to pick enough little pods to shell for 1/2 a cup of peas. Hardly enough from the whole seed package to make a good meal!

Today, at work, I got to dispense a 50 pound bag of Osmocote to all the perennial yard plants. Another employee got to give Osmocote to all the nursery yard plants. Thank goodness it was a "sort" of cool day. I still had to answer all the calls relating to bugs and diseases. I used a plastic drinking cup as my dispenser. Ended up using the last little bit on the very last plant. Pretty good, huh? I was chosen because, of all the people working, I was not likely to be worried about reproduction of the species. This fertilizer can cause sterility. Little time release beads of fertilizer. Who knew? Did you?

Tomorrow is my day off. I have to go pick up books at the library. I may shop at the grocery. I may stop in at Goodwill to see if there are any shorts or sleeveless shirts in my size. And I will be weeding the garden and hauling the weeds into the woods. I want to throw them in the compost but G says they will grow and make an even worse problem. People turn grass over and it decomposes. And I will walk Riley.

G is serving up the takeout Chinese. I'm clean (shower) and very sleepy. The windows are open because the air outdoors is cooler than the air inside the house. Feels good. See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

I've used lots of Osmocote, good thing I'm old. This year I used Miracle Grow pellets - probably the same thing.