Sunday, September 27, 2026

Daily Notes- Sunday September 27th. RAIN!!!! We have RAIN!!!!


 It's a simple thing but so wonderful....Rain.

I filled the one birdbath the birds and deer seem to like best of the three.  Perhaps because it's under the Weeping Cherry Tree.  Secluded.  Daughter has been working two jobs so I need to wait till she is available to move a second birdbath to the front yard...or closer to a safe house exit for me out back. (I don't think there is one.). Nothing to hold onto when I step off the back deck.

So...the Newspaper.... I need a good brain flush to get all that "news" out of my mind. 

I still haven't found a book I want to read.  I have three contenders from my last Library visit...all excellent and old favorites.  The Hating Game, Anyone But You and Catch a Mate.  Of the three...Catch A Mate hasn't been read in QUITE A WHILE.  Either I forgot it or I outgrew it.  We'll see.... It was on the "new" book shelve in the middle of the fiction area.... it's old battered self ...selected by staff members????  Next to the New Bestsellers....which have been very very disappointing. And few and far between.  Library has Ice Cream Socials and Coffee Dates for the departing Director and no funds for new books.   Shoemaker has No Shoes??????

I usually check several other Maine Libraries for their top pics in Romance and Fiction... and then order their books..usually a waiting list.....Lewiston and Auburn Libraries are very very good at stocking great  romance books... so I always check what they recommend.  And add my name to their lists.

So that's all I have for you today....Football and Pizza.....cause it's Sunday!!!!!


No comments: