Sunday, November 13, 2016

My Favorite Things


My Favorite Hummel.  In fact, G purchased this same Hummel three times.  We had a black cat at the time.  And I was often stitching.  I have two others I love.  A guy with a suitcase and umbrella going off to see the World.  G.  And another of a big sister reading to her younger brother.  My children--always so young and sweet.  I saw this image on another blog and had to add it to mine. To be reminded.  I don't often go over to the particular bookshelf where they live.  Perhaps I should move them??  Closer.  Yes, closer to my heart.

The greenhouse Open House is now over.  The poinsettias are in the building.  As are the Christmas cactus. I worked Saturday and made State of Maine wreaths.  Did a double sided wreath making demo.  Answered questions.  Helped.  Finished my second to the last Louise Penny mystery while eating my lunch.  Vanilla yogurt with Texas red grapefruit segments.  Wishing that Noosa sold their vanilla yogurt in quarts.  Or the honey one.  Both super delicious.  I have to make do with less than delicious yogurts that DO come in quarts.  The only Noosa vanilla I can buy is 4 ounces.

Set a large pot of water on the stove.  Added chicken thighs, an onion, a few cloves of garlic, carrots, celery, a few sprigs of parsley, salt, peppercorns and cubes of bouillon.  It's cold and G loves chicken soup.

I read my mystery and ate the last of the Tootsie Rolls.  Thank goodness they are gone. Tonight.  PBS and Corfu, Poldark and then Elementary.

G just called from walking the neighbor's dog.  Super Moon.  Riley can I went out to see it.

Just a comment or two on my "elimination" diet.  The soy and peanuts continue to be allergens (rash).  I do find myself getting a rash on my neck and eyebrows  if I eat "too much" white flour in foods. Small amounts of white flour food--not every day--is okay but when I hit a level that my body thinks is "too much" then the rash begins. Another problem yesterday was acid reflux--it may have been coffee--I made certain NOT to sample from the refreshments table.  I only had that one cup of coffee and some cheese.  But I have had more cheese today--very good cheese--and no problems.  So the type of decaf they served might be too acidic.  I have tried oatmeal on several mornings in the past 60 days.  It doesn't seem like a "friendly food" but I will keep trying.  I try not to be boring about this but though a few Readers might be wondering how things are going.  The Alaway eye drops are wonderful.  Takes the eye itch away--immediately.  Over the counter for anyone with itchy eyes.  In the section of stores that carry contact lenses products.

No comments: