Friday, June 12, 2015

Short Circuited


I am exhausted.   I wake up tired.  Go to sleep tired.  In between I stumble about getting myself breakfast, packing a lunch and working.  So many people.  So many gardening problems.

I am thinking a good "being sick" would be very welcome.  Not that I was well rested after the fever. I never actually slept.  Just kept dropping off and then would wake up searching for a cold spot to put my head.  Sigh.

I suggested to my employer that three days off a week (in a row) would be very much appreciated when we hit the slower, summer months.  I would be less likely to be "testy" on the other four days at work.  He exclaimed in surprise, "when are you testy??"  When am I not?

I finished "The Girl On The Train".  I had guessed who done it by the last fourth of the book.  I wonder why other readers were so shocked?  When I went to the library--they gave me The Secret Place AGAIN so I am going to try and read a few more chapters and then return it.  I checked out the new fiction shelves and didn't recognize any of the authors.

Now I am going to reheat my coffee, have a dark chocolate caramel and sit in front of the television until it's time to sleep.  Tomorrow is a day off and I have tons of gardening to do.  My own problems to solve.

1 comment:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Be kind to yourself. It just takes awhile to get over being sick.