Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas Eve 2014


The cards are in the mail.  I stopped, almost in time, to take pictures of this year's card.  Tomorrow. Or the next day.  I promise to post it.

The problem?  I was working right up until 5 pm today.  No time.  I was standing in the kitchen yesterday making cheese pierogi for my daughter and prepping potstickers for G and I to eat tonight, after I got home from work.  Standing and cooking until 8:30 or later.

Then the couch where I dozed off and on until I went to bed.  Up at 6:30am.

I had the day off yesterday.  Seems so long ago.  I walked with a friend.  Nice in the drizzle.  And then the grocery store.  I must have circumnavigated the store five full turns (meeting and chatting with so many people I don't see very often--some I don't even know :-0).  Forgetting something each and every time.  I had to buy for three holiday meals and desserts.  The pressure was tremendous. Forget something and there isn't time for a "do-over".  Now what was the four pounds of butter for???

No presents (and there aren't very many) are wrapped.  Tomorrow.

I helped quite a few people find presents.  Well, I made them presents.  Potted three citrus trees and found, with help from sweet Anna, care sheets on the internet.  Prettied up the plain bonsai we had for sale with nice rocks and moss.  Proper Bonsai.  And then got to add rocks and moss to two bonsai starter plants.  Used the plastic grid I got at JoAnn's and the bendable jewelry wire.  The guy who asked me to make them was very happy.  I was happier.

It was a good day.  Not the way I like to spend Christmas Eve.  But good.

Our tree looks wonderful.  The best tree, ever.  I have EVERY ornament we own on it plus two large plastic reindeer and a large old plastic monkey.  I have the monkey where I can see him (while sitting on the couch) and his smile is infectious.  His arm is falling off so he will need some emergency room treatment after the Holiday.  Super glue I think.  Old plastic isn't pliable.  Once upon a time he must have been soft and bendable. Such a cutie.

When you have a lot of ornaments it helps to buy a tree with lots of "holes".   LOL

I still have potato and sauerkraut pierogi to make, a large pot of spaghetti and meatballs, a pumpkin pie and some pretzel, caramel, pecan and chocolate "candy" and the Christmas Burritos.

I will report back and perhaps have added BELTS to all the Santa Suit ornaments.  Good thing I like making things during Christmas and not actually FINISHING them the same year.  OMG.

Merry Christmas.  To Every One Of You!!!!!


1 comment:

Annie said...

Merry Christmas, Joanne, and family!