Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Where Do You Sit To Unwind?


Wouldn't it be great to sit here?  On the beach.

We had chairs like this once.  Very difficult to get in and out of them.  And I had to sand and repaint each summer.  Finally, they were so "wiggly" we tossed them on the October brush pile fire.  Wowza did they light up things.  I think it was the paint.  Combustible.

I am not interested in buying any more of these.  But I still think they LOOK so great.

I ordered books from the library and G will be picking up Unwanted by Kristina Ohlsson for me. I think it was recommended by a Reader (wink) and I have you to thank for many hours of good reading.

I finally asked another Master Gardener for advice on my "failure to thrive" vegetable garden.  Things are alive.  But not growing.  Seems like all the stuff I added to the garden in October, was mostly for good soil texture and structure.  But not for soil nutrition.

Gardening isn't actually easy.

So today the garden got a big serving of fertilizer.  I can only hope it isn't too late.

1 comment:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Yay! for fertilizer. I'm not an organic gardener. Putting out fertilizer is next on my list. Hope it's not too late for me, too.