Sunday, January 26, 2014

Sunday-- Now What?


Here's the view.  Warm colors and greenery inside, cold freezing white outside.  The furnace keeps going and the oil guy keeps leaving me bills.  We aren't exactly warm here, in the house.  The only time I actually am warm is in the shower.

Seeing 11:11 on the clocks more often than usual, again.  Taking the moment to reflect on my life.  Ask myself what I am doing, why and what do I want.

Had a vague thought about a Nicholas Cage movie last week--couldn't remember the title.  Last night, going through the channels looking for something to watch-- there it was, Family Man, and it had just started.  I had never seen the beginning.  It was soft, lovely and just the thing.  I watched and G played games on his iPad.

Today is the third week I have filed for unemployment and I haven't gotten a check yet.  The little note on my file says they are investigating my claim.  I am perplexed and saddened by this.  I think this is a battle I will let my employer fight.

Today is day four in the new diet.  I am not going to say much about this topic in the blog.  I just wanted to say that re-entry has been a bit bumpy, but I think, last night, I made the transition.  I am wading in slowly.  Not expecting too much.  Forgiving my mistakes.  My friend from the road trip called yesterday to say she had joined Weight Watchers.  She mentioned her shopping trip to get fat free this and low fat that.  I tried to be as supportive as I could be.  I know WW works-- It just isn't real food.  And it's $12 a week.  We'll see.

G and Riley are back from their walk.  I have things to do on my list, so I'll get started.  Be Warm!!!

No comments: