Thursday, December 12, 2013

One More Week


The Poinsettias are Buy 2 Get One Free starting today, so the end is very near for my greenhouse job.  I think the 21st will be my last day.  Retail on the 22nd and 23rd.  Then Christmas Eve.  The Party's Over, as G always says.

Speaking of Party.  G and I got dressed up (like adults) and attended the Holiday Party our bank invited us to this afternoon (evening 5 to 8) .  Huge pans of creamed lobster (big chunks), scallops wrapped in bacon and for dessert, cream puffs.  A Maine Event.  Also, very strong drinks.  G's rum and coke was ¾ths rum.  My Gin and Tonic was all gin.  We got there at 6 and left at 7.  No one we knew from our local bank was there. We did see a neighbor from our street who moved long ago.  He was with the newest girlfriend (ahem) and she was tightly wrapped in gold foil wearing stilettos.  When a man leaves the family---- well, it's certainly an interesting change.  He has grown fat and old.  Much younger than G and I but looks older.  Each new girl is younger than the last.

We watched a couple eat three or four heaped plates of lobster and have 4 or 5 of those 75% alcohol drinks.  They were very casually dressed.  G wondered if they even worked for the bank or were just people in off the street.  I bet they were going to drive home.

I styled my hair with "product", applied BB cream to hide everything, and even put on mascara.  Surprised myself with how nice I managed to look.  Of course, none of my holiday clothing fit. So I wore black pants, white shirt and a draped sweater jacket.  I was afraid I would be too casual, but it was good.  Not skin tight gold foil but age appropriate "good".

Got to go wash my face.


No comments: