Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Yard Sale or Super Cute Toy Wreath?

Being a McD's family, we have lots of interesting Happy Meal Toys up in the attic.  Beanies.  But enough cute plastic stuff to make a repurposed "toy embellished" wreath.  The glue gun will be needed here.  I love that I have three ants.  And I found a Buzz Lightyear, my favorite, in two sizes.  Now I don't have to "want" one every time we pass the toy aisle @ Target.   It's crazy the way I get fixated on something.

The sunroom is filling up with really nice stuff for the Yard Sale.  Perhaps, too nice?  I don't remember seeing any really nice stuff at any yard sale I have ever attended.  But I may not have gotten there "early" enough.  Which doesn't bother me very much, as the stuff still there around noon, is the stuff I like best, anyway.  Now, I have to price it all correctly.  Not too high and not too low.  Just Right.

G and I went to the Sea Dog for supper tonight (dinner is lunch and supper is at the end of the day according to Cadfael) and I wore a pair of Boyfriend Jeans.  Too big, rolled up cuffs, men's jeans.  And a men's work shirt.  Everything loose. Everything worn and soft.  No wedgies.  No pulling buttons over the chest.  No waist band cutting off circulation.  My BF jeans never belonged to any boyfriend of mine.  They came from Goodwill long ago and used to FIT. TIGHT.  Now, they slide down at the waist.  It doesn't get much better that this, I tell you!

G and I had French Onion Soup.  G had the crouton.  I did not.  We sat out on the deck watching the high water rush by.  We watched a spider and saw a Cedar Waxwing.  A Very Pleasant Evening.

I have walked the dog six days now (out of 8). Three miles for each walk.  Riley is not pulling on the leash and is sometimes walking behind me.  I used to walk him 3 miles every single day.  I feel badly about my neglect. Riley has also gained weight because of not walking.  10 pounds.  Which is quite a bit for a dog.  The vet says any added weight shortens the dog's life.  So, I need to get that weight off the dog PDQ. We want Riley to live as long as possible.  I want to live as long as possible.

Yesterday, at work, was one of those phrenetic experiences that leaves everyone exhausted.  Our boss had two days worth of "projects" for everyone to do in one day.  Like a Chinese Firedrill.  Everyone running around.  I had to make coffee for a class (which never happened), order mums over the phone (as an emergency order) and clear out all the buggy houseplants.  That's when I decided to tune out and scrub down the empty shelves with Simple Green.  I sprayed, scrubbed with a broom, rinsed, scrubbed, and rinsed.  Now, any bug remains are gone.  I feel much better with that area of shelving clean.  I just wish I had time to keep going and wash and scrub all the shelving.  And the floor where "people" leave the hoses without turning the water off at the source.  The dripping, fertilized water creates a lovely mossy growth on the cement floor.  Spores.  Mold.  Etc.  While spraying and scrubbing I had to stop to choke and cough.  As I was leaving work, I heard a radio call that two high school boys were going to be working in the greenhouse, after I left, "cleaning".  Tomorrow should be interesting.

I am going to do some laundry.  Some ironing.  Some dog walking.  Some cooking of G's supper.  Chicken Marsala.  Some hand sewing.  If I manage to leave the house, I would like to buy some spring rods so I can hang curtains in the bedroom.  Until we paint and buy new blinds.  Until, I paint.  The open windows bother me.  Especially in the bathroom.  I also have much more wall paper to pull down.  I keep thinking I "need" to shop in the Thrift Stores, but, really, I have clothes to wear.  I don't need any more. I think shopping is a compulsive thing.  I have enough. I have enough. I have enough.

3 comments:

Kate Cutko said...

I am of two minds. I would love to attend any yard sale you might ever host, and think people would be happy to find all your cute toys, BUT I also know how fun it was to make the wreath you imagined. Check mine out at www.barnofopportunity.blogspot.com.
It is such fun and the product makes people smile when they see it. Either way, have fun.

Kate Cutko said...

I am of two minds. I would love to attend any yard sale you might ever host, and think people would be happy to find all your cute toys, BUT I also know how fun it was to make the wreath you imagined. Check mine out at www.barnofopportunity.blogspot.com.
It is such fun and the product makes people smile when they see it. Either way, have fun.

Carolyn aka Silkquilter said...

I think that is a darling idea to use small plastic toys for a wreath. I don't collect quite as many McD's toys as my youngest is 17 now. LOL However, I do have some oldies that I put in my shadow box, Miss Piggy and Kermit and Bearenstien Bears. My DIL and I looked at Kate's from Barn of Opportunity. I think we will be making some in a Disney princess theme for her two girls!