Thursday, August 05, 2010

I Moved Into A New House Last Night

In my dreams. But, there I was inside this big "used" house with no idea where anything was located. I tried to find the kitchen and front door but kept ending up in a side area to the garage. I was the only family member in the house. And that garage was large enough to house at least eight parked cars.

The picture at the top of this post is a page from my new journal which is turning out to be rather amazing. Fat Sharpie pens in a multitude of colors, drawings and "doodlish" filler. I still have magazine page collages on the left page to cover all the bleed thru from the Sharpie pens. I even bought a 24 pen set of colored fat Sharpies just for this journal. This journal is looking like it will be more visual and less a written record of my day. I have never used the fat line Sharpie in my journals. Too heavy a line. But change is a good thing. I got a small set of thin line Sharpies for any writing I may want to do--later.

G and I had a "clean up" dinner last night. It was hot. So we had a ripe tomato sliced with the few leftover slices of fresh mozzarella cheese and fresh picked basil leaves and steamed corn on the cob. G had cheese quesadillas and I had a quickly pan fried sliced zucchini with the last little serving of the tomato pasta. Very tasty, fresh and best of all, minimal prep or cooking.

This morning I am off to VIP, yet again, to see if I can get my car inspected. G has an appointment with a lung doctor later today to see what his spot might be now that the PET scan has determined that it is NOT a tumor. I have a follow up visit with my dentist's partner to explore having an implanted tooth installed in my jaw. I am amazed at how far I have progressed in my "dental phobia". Are braces next?

1 comment:

Diane N said...

I am so glad to hear that your husband had a good report after having the PET scan. I hope the spot turns out to be nothing at all.

I wish you a very good day and a productive day as well.

And last, but not least, I love the journal page you shared with us. It's great and let me close by saying, "My sentiments exactly!!" No big mirrors ever!