Saturday, November 24, 2007

Here's Looking At You!

Only took a couple dozen tries but I got a decent picture of the "new" me. Of course I've been eating like a sailor on shore leave this week so I may not look like this for long. I think this year's turkey was the best one ever. And the pumpkin pie is so good! I get a tiny sliver but it's so rich, I can barely finish. But I soldier on.

All this weight loss has come at a price. Wrinkly skin. Like on a balloon that was blown up really big and then sits around in a warm room loosing air for a week or so. You know how it looks all wrinkly? Puckery? Crepe-y. What I need is big rubber bands to hold up all that loose skin on my thighs. Pull it all up to my hips and sort of hold it there. So my legs look fantastic. Or else keep it all covered. I carried most of my weight from the waist down. I did look like a Weeble. Now all that skin is empty.

My shoulders are wider than my hips. Or it just looks that way to me. When I walk and my shadow is in front of me-- I look straight up and down. I used to look like the food pyramid. Little pointy head and big big bottom.

I had three hours this afternoon and I spent it reading art blogs, writing in my journal, taking those dozens of pictures of myself, trying to get that smoky fire going and filling the house with black stinky smoke instead. I did get the purple pair of size 10 J Jill cords hemmed. I have no idea why they fit, but it's a real diet booster. No art.

Tomorrow I plan to go to the grocery and get lettuce for lots and lots of salads. And fruit and yogurt. Maybe skip Chinese Lunch. Wear the size 10 pants. Oh, yeah!

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I got a good laugh out of your shadow description!

And I think you need a "break" day or two from your healthy eating plan just for mental health. It is funny after not eating the rich food for awhile how "too rich" it tastes. It makes it easier to leave it alone and get back to the healthy eating.

Angie said...

You're a riot, woman! ROFL At least your 'wrinkly, crepe-y' skin is on your legs and you can hide it with pants---could be on your face, like mine!!!! ROFL My little face looks like one of those dried-apple doll faces! ROFL BTW, how were the no-knead rolls on Thanksgiving? I haven't tried changing that recipe any yet, altho I think about it every time I make it. Did the rolls rise/bake up nice? I love that orange/red flower wallhanging with the leaves!