Friday, July 20, 2007

Blueberries

I always notice the *blur* after uploading. Sorry about that. Anyway, the pup loves blueberries and they are ready for picking right now. The wild ones. I shared some of the berries I picked in a vacant building lot with the dog and now he "picks his own". Riley can sniff the berries out and he has found several spots on our property with berries.

Riley also got to sample my raspberries and stops by the bushes to get some on his perimeter walk several times a day. Now those berries are MINE! Try telling that to a determined berry eating puppy.

It's been a good week. We went to obedience school and are working on "name recognition", "sit" and "down". With a clicker and string cheese. Though he will do the training for blueberries.

G is working the afternoon/evening shift this weekend so Riley and I will be bonding. Between naps (the dog) I will be trying to make my 6 foundation pieces for my class with Pamela Allen next Friday. I also have to make a larger foundation for a self portrait quilt next Sunday. And collect materials for embellishments. And fabric. Glue sticks. Scissors.

I also want to finally change the slipcovers on the two big sofas from winter blue denim to white and change the red and white antique quilt on the wall to a pink and yellow one. Summer is almost over and I'm not decorated! And if it stops raining, I plan to go pick raspberries (for me). Yesterday G and I munched on giant sweet cherries. I think we ate a full pound of them. So good. I love summer fruit. And I've been having iced coffee everyday. Loving that!

1 comment:

Deborah Boschert said...

I also love iced coffee in the afternoon, I mix in lots of milk and I feel so virtuous getting a big serving of calcium. (Also a bit of chocolate syrup and a bit of sugar, so actually not too virtuous.)

Love Riley!

Can't wait to hear about Pamela Allen!