Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Winter/Spring Notes- Wednesday, March 27th. 44 degrees-95% humidity.


 Postcard from Provence.

I took down all the paper and scribbles pinned to the dining room walls....I swept the floor....I ran most of what I took down thru the paper shredder......the walls look filthy.   Everything looks dirty and unkept.  YEARS of not doing what needed to be done....YEARS.  Of my LIFE..and not getting any of it back.

So, this post will be short and bitter.

I called my Tree Guy.  He is somewhere nearby so will drive over to give things a look.  See if any of it is dangerous to be left for a few weeks.....I don't see any dangerous-ness.  Other people have more need for his work than I do...right now.

Yes, I have a Tree Guy.  The very first time he stopped by...to see what trees I wanted taken down- wow... he looked like a guy straight out of a romance novel. His eyes!  Not any more.  Not any more.

So...I took paper- pictures etc --off the walls....I dusted the walls... scrubbed the sink twice....I swept the floors --twice...and now I am sitting down......the Trust People have picked up our tax info.  That's handed off and I can stop having it on the To Do List.

It's quiet....no generators running.  I haven't turned on the tv.  I have already read the news.  I finished the book I was reading before going to bed.....I have selected a new one as yet.....I might have passed a point in the mourning process.....I might be heading into the Future....who knows. I certainly don't have a clue.

No comments: