Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Spring Notes- 46 degrees with Sunshine- Sorting papers for the Tax Man. Paying Property Taxes.


 Crashing Waves- Postcards from Provence I think. Brush stokes seem similar.

Sunshine.  Opened a window last night....fresh air. 

Dug around in the garage yesterday after abandoning tv...... and found a really good rake.....worked on the garden bed up against the south side of the house.....the daffodils I planted years ago are coming up and the pile of dead leaves was covering them....so I raked...cut back a few things....got contact dermatitis on my hands.

Everything looks great from inside the house....next time I feel like it...the bed in the island just a few feet away.   Raking before things start to poke up thru the leaves. Peonies. Not the ones that caught on fire in the Garden Tractor Fire.  

Only two red flowers left on my amaryllis from Christmas.   Then two pots of just leaves.....hopefully feeding the bulb for next year.  The Poinsettia from 2022 has red "flower" leaves on it.  Odd but certainly entertaining.  I think the plants are "forced" in greenhouse to turn red sooner- more so for Christmas. It's interesting and if husband was still here and coherent- the botanist would tell me how and why it happens.

I had to look it up. Myself.....and that's what I will be doing until I forget how to look things up.

I was going to find the calendar page with the dementia time line...but then..why? Hospice called the other day to check in with me to see how I was doing, if I needed support etc.  When you are released from Hell on Earth, everything else fails to be much trouble at all.  Not any trouble,.....and I am sleeping.

Daughter and her employer came and hooked up husband's trailer....took it...for when they have a smaller hauling job and don't need the large trailer.....one more thing off our "to do" list.  Get rid of trailer.

Just in Time.....getting bored with Missing Persons, and CSI NY.   Will need to find a new activity to hold my interest....Reading is also slowing down......I am getting "picky".  It happens.  I start a book and then say- why am I reading this badly written book????  I ordered two more of  Jo Baker's books.  They are coming from far away libraries....perhaps in a week or two.  I am working my way thru two TEEN books. So far.....okay.

Well, that's me for today.....the button fell off the pants I was wearing--and guess what-- I can't find it. fell off right in front of me-- and can't find it.....geez.  I now have other pants on.  And a pile more to choose from if button falls off these....my size these days matches well with the buying of arm loads of 25 cents each pants at the LLBEAN employee bargain store.  This pair has a working waist band button..

Later today- I am going to go searching for buttons...loose buttons...I know they are here...somewhere. And sew a fresh button on those pants.....I liked them.  I like the ones I have one as well.  All's Well.



No comments: