Friday, March 15, 2024

Spring Notes- Friday March 15th. 40 degrees with 94% humidity. Grocery Day.


 Ideas for my planter boxes this year....the Hosta with yellow borders... I think some is growing in the bed under the weeping crab (out front where I haven't raked leaves as yet).  I can have it in the planter box and then add to the bed under the tree. 

Grocery shopping... I asked a man-- who looked like he knew his way around corned beef (looked like he cooked)-- about what to select for just two people.  And we got a flat cut..... which he said "you'll be eating for a few days"..... I went and got a few more potatoes.   We had already gotten a cabbage and carrots.  Needed to cover the "few days" with extra vegetables for me.

I also got to scrub the vegetable drawer on the left side of the fridge.......things had gone sideways...and squishy.  The sink drain needed work as well and I gagged a bit..... but it's tidy now.

I bought 6 eggs in case we needed to bake another cake.....or some cookies. The things husband liked are "too sugary" for C.  So I have to dig into the recipe box for new ideas.

The Gone Without a Trace series I am watching every afternoon-  getting old....last one was so boring. I never was a big fan of CSI-NY but it's still okay to watch...the Miami one with that carrot headed guy- nope.  By 8 pm I am toast so the fact that Criminal Intent is on then......bummer.   I may record them to watch from noon to 3pm..

Still NOT watching News.  I read what happened in the morning paper and that is "enough".

I got six new books at the Library.  Well, new to me.  I'm reading a two book series about Sea Captains. Manly Men. Tessa Bailey. She wrote some of the other books I have enjoyed this winter.  I also got another Jo Baker book for serious reading.

Oh, and we stopped at the Town Office to pay the semi annual Property Tax Bill.  Men were there buying tags for their boats....C had been there recently to get his car tag.  

Oh and C FINALLY found the spot on the dashboard screen to actually shut off the driver's seat heater. On the Jeep.... Husband had it on a very hot setting as he was always COLD.  So that box got checked off. I refused to have the heater on my seat.....REFUSED.....

No more grumbling.

Be yourself...not the idea of who you think you should be.  H D Thoreau.






1 comment:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

That hosta - I've never seen one like it. Your planter will look glorious.