Thursday, March 07, 2024

Winter Notes- Thursday, March 7th. 40 degrees 89% humidity- Rained all night.


 Blues.   I hardly have any blue in the gardens....the soil I think, is too sweet.  I haven't had any blueberries in the fenced garden in several years.....the bushes age-out and need to be replaced regularly in order to produce berries.   I only needed a pint- for one batch of blueberry muffins.

And I don't even need that anymore. My grocery has locally picked berries...in season.

I think I slept well.  I am amazed that I am sleeping....but I have little to worry about. Isn't that something? After years- decades of not being able to fall asleep.......I just go to bed and wake up hours later- and it's morning.  Just like millions of regular humans.  And now...me.

I have returned to reading Jo Baker's Midnight News.  She also wrote Longbourne..the back stairs Pride and Prejudice of Jane Austin.  I bought the book....it's magnificent.  I will buy this one as well.  It's about the English Blitz- the WWII bombing.  And I have in the back of my memory another book I should buy...it will come to me- the title.  Before You Knew My Name.....I think that's the one.

So.  a bit chilly today.. Wet outdoors.  The side yard out back has filled with more rain water.  No ducks. They used to come and swim.  Years ago- I've lived here over 30 years......I think.  Son will do the math and correct me if I am wrong.  I did the math. 33 years. He was still in college.

"Embrace your inner and outer beauty, your accomplishments and failures"

I think embracing your failure is where the true work lies.....accepting and moving on. 

No comments: