Saturday, March 30, 2024

Winter Spring continues into Saturday, March 30. Another big branch has fallen- not close to the house.


 Another Postcard from Provence. 

Also reminding me of Germany.

So...windy yesterday with rain and branches coming down.  The Soil here is sandy.  So not the most secure foothold for tree roots when they become top heavy..

I had a plan yesterday for some hand sewing- but one of the fabrics used in what would be the center....could not be found- even with diligent searches.  It's in a 3 inch 9 patch square.  Hardly noticed by anyone but me...and it would be the center of the larger square I am making......

All of the California Purples are accounted for....now shelved so they are always ready to go.  The tiny closet I am using.....is packed...I actually thought I would sew yesterday instead of watching tv but during commercials I was getting up to search.  Then I gave up both endeavors and read my book.

I also made a "deluxe" grilled cheese sandwich- using up the last two slices of very dry bread and three slices of American cheese and butter....it was delicious.  No pickles. No chips.  I had both but- the sandwich was enough by itself.  

I also bought a package (packet) of Biscoff "biscuits" with Belgian Chocolate.  Son says they are something you get when you travel by airplane.....the cookies are tiny and there are three in each miniature pack.   In America they are just tiny "cookies".  Brits call them biscuits.

Email from the Banker- our taxes are done. I got a small refund which was applied to next year's return. and that's about all that is happening...

I decided I like Missing Without a Trace best of all....second is CST-NY.  I do not like CSI- Miami. I don't stay awake long enough to watch the final three hours of Law and Order- Criminal Intent.  Even  though it is my all time favorite show.  I am ready for bed by 9 pm most days...I fall asleep right away and wake up around 9 am.  And, I have never been a good sleeper...so this is very "new" but okay...I don't dream which is also new....but usually if I dreamed it was not a happy event.  

Remember that dream of me being on a bus in the dark and having no idea where the bus was going and afraid to get off??? I think I wrote about it once years ago...I had that dream so often I was afraid to fall asleep.  I know it was brought on by something in my Life but I never knew what.  


2 comments:

Deb Lacativa said...

I always save my Biscoffs when I fly. Standard on Delta and great with ginger ale. Charlie loves them.

Joanne S said...

Ginger Ale....I haven't had any of that in DECADES....i'll put it on the shopping List.
We shopped yesterday....we always hope we bought enough and the right t things.