Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Winter Spring Notes- Tuesday March 26th. 36 degrees...


 Yes, a picture I actually took of the crab tree by the front porch...covered in ice that first day.  And yes, we have snow.  The truck came and they pulled the branch - rather large--off the power line and then the bucket truck guy did something on the power pole and we had light just about 15 minutes ago.

That's how much I have missed all of you.....first thing to do- write to you.

My cross the street neighbor is back from a hotel....trying to get her boiler working to heat the house.  Ours is running and has been since C. flipped the switch.....  that was enough of a "camping experience" for me.....even with the generator providing hot water, heat and the microwave as well as the fridge.  In the 1990"s Ice Storm we just put all the food out in the garage and let it freeze.  Cooked on the gas grill. Froze in the house...Good times.

We have large pieces of two different trees in the side yard....we'll need some one to come work on them.. The one- was close enough that it could have ripped the power lines off the side of the house.  We really lucked out....one branch tip is buried deep in the ground....came down hard.

My hands are cold typing this... and I am missing Wheel of Fortune.... All is well.


3 comments:

Angie said...

I read your post every day, and it's so strange when you don't have one up. Leaves an empty place in my day. So glad you all survived and that you have your power back on. Hard to wrap my head around the weather---snow and ice there for you, and almost 70 deg here for me. Tomorrow cooler with a high in the 50s but back to upper 60s in a couple of days. Strange times.

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Welcome back!

DianeN said...

I'm happy to hear that you are safe there.