Saturday, March 23, 2024

Saturday, March 23rd...It's SNOWING. 29 degrees. 86% humidity.


 Postcard from Provence.

I recognize his brush strokes.

Yes, It's snowing and its cold.  And the daffodils- they hadn't flowered as yet....are now standing in snow. a few inches....it was supposed to snow and then rain....I guess it didn't get the memo.

Not enough for the plow but, if it doesn't warm up...son will have to do some shoveling...He is not happy. the street is plowed.

Yesterday daughter came to drop off my Christmas present.  Mittens.  Since she was here, I asked if she would go up into the Open Attic and get a few stems of my "fake flower" collection for the amaryllis pots- they still have leaves (feeding the bulbs for next Winter) and some pretty little fake flowers would be "happy" on the table here across from the sink.....where I hand wash dishes.

She also brought down some cherry blossoms....long stems... she then climbed up to get one of the tall vases.  Covered in dust from  being on top of a built in cupboard (full of dishes).   I now have it on a table I can see from my Reading Watching TV Couch.  Lovely.  Arching branches...makes me smile. Tall and wide and beautiful.

Long Ago and Far Away...I used to create floral displays in vases for the Library Check Out Desk. The Spooky House was there for Halloween and the Gingerbread Dollhouse for Christmas.  All that stopped when I left the Library rather abruptly......and I sat at home for a few months and then approached the Greenhouse about part time work...I was a Master Gardener.  I had a certificate and a name tag.  I spent many happy years working at the greenhouse...Many.  There were a few times (at the end) when I felt dizzy and very very tired.....and the greenhouse is a very bad place to feel dizzy...so I retired.  And only arrived to teach classes...which I loved doing...then COVID.  Nothing has actually been the same since COVID.

I am seeing masks on people in stores these days.... one woman told me she had had COVID twice this Winter...My Lunch Buddy had it once. Combined with the Flu.  I wondered if they had kept up with their shots......yes, they said...we did have vaccinations.  So.....what can one say????


4 comments:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Just in case you're wondering - Joanne is okay - she has no electricity, I'm guessing because of the winter storm. With the generator she's limited to heating, refrigerator, microwave, and limited lights. She has books to read to pass the time, and she misses writing to us each morning.

DianeN said...

Thank you for letting us know. It's much appreciated.

beverly said...

Thank you for the update

LindaSonia said...

Thanks so much for the update!