Saturday, March 09, 2024

Winter- Almost Spring Notes---Saturday, March 9th. 37 degrees, overcast..humid.


 Postcard from Provence.

Apples.   

So today....I sent a letter of apology to a gardening friend....I saw her last in a parking lot- the dentist office- It was still summer and husband hadn't fallen yet and gone away in an ambulance the first time. It was a long, long time ago and ...not very long ago at all.  it can be both...at the same time.  

She was having a hard time with a bad shoulder and I didn't check in with her as I should have.

I took a shower this morning and washed my hair again with the lovely Korean shampoo and conditioner.... My hair is soft and curling at the ends...still making me look a bit MAD.  Crazy mad...but...old women often look that way...

Son has his little rice cooker going....making rice for me.  It will make a gently chirping beep when the rice is cooked.  I have green peas... butter, sweet soy sauce.... a good lunch.

I also now have vanilla ice cream and will have a slice of Boozy Cake....before it's all gone.

Connie..... I looked at the Salmon yesterday at the grocery store.  I didn't buy it....but did buy beets.  Big Fat Dark Red Beets....supposed to be good for one's HEART.  We'll see.  I will roast them in the oven till they are soft. and then eat them with balsamic vinegar. I also bought shiny. fat, heavy Navel Oranges.... my "Fruit of the Week"...

Navigate Life with Purpose.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can buy salmon another day. Those beets and oranges are a lovely colorful addition to your grocery order. And you are reminding me to buy canned beets soon so I can make pickled eggs for Easter. Known in my family as “red beet eggs.”