Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Walk - Talk - Walk


First, a walk with my friend N and then a walk with my friend Riley. Total of about five miles. Enough for this old broad. We walked in rain, snow, clouds, rain, snow, a bit of sun, and more snow. Nothing, of any of it, amounted to anything. This is my dead end road. Home.

While waiting for my friend N to get home with her grandson, I consulted with her husband, a retired tax attorney. I got all my questions answered. Now I can go forth and Turbo my taxes. With confidence. This is a nice feeling.

My soup yesterday was (is) delicious and the remainder in packaged in 2 cup servings for my lunches Friday to Sunday at work. Exactly 6 cups. Don't you just love it when it works out perfectly? I fed G the remainder of the mushroom pasta and a nice fresh salad with homemade Pumpernickel croutons. And I watched Lost. Finally, an episode that explained something.

Lost may be the ultimate Kane and Abel. The good and the bad (black smoke). It was nice to see Neil Welliver's son again as the black smoke. He has nice eyes. So. Good and Evil. It seemed, last night, that Jacob (good) keeps dragging people to the island to test their "goodness" without telling them why and the black smoke kills them when they seem too good. Let's all try and remember which characters the smoke has ignored shall we. Locke. Ben. Any others?

Survivor is on tonight. Both tribes have to send someone home. This is always a long drawn out affair. Boston Rob seems to be ready to toss Russell over the side. Will Russell hand over the idol?

Riley has just gone out to chase the male and female ducks out of the water filled ditch next to our back yard. They were swimming peacefully. The rain water has brought the water to chin level on Riley so he's really wet now. Staying alert and hopeful that the ducks will return, he is smelling every part of the lawn where they waddled.

I have catalogs to look at and email to read and plants to water. And food to cook for dinner.

2 comments:

Diane N said...

I have been thinking of your soup all day long and I just looked up the cookbook Love Soup on Amazon. I think I am going to have to buy it after seeing some of the sample pages. The Root Vegetable Soup with Moroccan Spices sounds pretty good as does just about everything else I could see. I love the way it's broken down by season, too.

I am very glad you shared finding this book with all of us.

The photo of your dead end road made me laugh because all I could think of was that there is soup at the end of that road! LOL!

dee said...

Looks like a nice place to walk. Wish I could be there with you.
Survivor was interesting but as you say the double voting is a pain since they only play one game. I would like more games and less meeting.