Monday, March 15, 2010

Fifteen Minutes

That's all the time I have to write this post. Work. I was doing little bits of embroidery on crazy pieced rectangles a few years ago. Making them into rolled sewing cases to hold all you would need to sew in places other than home. K uses hers at home. I have lost mine. I made two and they were both gorgeous and both have gone missing.

Work. Being back is good and not so good. Not too much going on yet, but we did get busy toward the end of Sunday afternoon. The remainder of the day was tiresome as we had nothing to do. Today, there should be things to do. I ordered lots of new, fresh plants. We have the hospital order to foil and tag. I have Maxine's litter box to clean. And it's raining.

G is getting better. Coughing in a productive way. Now if he will just take the Airbourne BEFORE he gets sick.

I am not hating the soy milk I bought to go with my shredded wheat. The color of it is not so great. And I have to find one with NO sugar. Too sweet. The problem will be in finding a low fat, unsweetened soy milk. I like the 70 calories a cup part. I had one of my sweet potato veggie burgers for lunch yesterday so today it's back to salad. Back to 1200 calories. Even though I am wearing green cord "fat pants" to work. A pair of 16 W. The waistband is sitting right below my bra and the back seat, with tucks at the waist, is billowing. I can't see the rear view, but they don't "feel" terribly FULL. I like the color and feel of the fabric. Expensive fat pants from a really good store. Then Goodwill. And they are just going to get dirty. And wet.

Riley didn't get a walk yesterday. G didn't want to walk in the rain. Today this crabby dog is going to day care. He can be crabby there. My fifteen minutes is up. Went by quickly.

I have been enjoying the little videos on process on Spirit Cloth. You might enjoy them also. Link in my sidebar. The videos start at day 37 so don't keep looking for earlier videos like I did. Aren't any. I think there are four. Jude's husband is doing a great job filming them.

Left over pizza for dinner tonight and tomorrow, no work, I am making a New England Boiled Dinner. Corned beef, potatoes, cabbage and carrots. Perfect.

1 comment:

dee said...

The Spirit Cloth video is very interesting but then everything on Jude's blog is interesting. She lives across the harbor from me. I always hope to run into her somewhere just to be near a true improvisational fiber artist.

Beautiful embroidery. Reminds me of my German Oma's work that I would give anything to own now.

Hope work gets a little more interesting soon.