Monday, March 22, 2010

Good Morning

I am not having a good time. Yesterday I was cold and wet from watering at work, had no coffee and had packed only carrots and hummus for lunch. Starving by close at 5. When I got home all I wanted was a hot shower and a cup (large) of hot coffee. Finally, had something to eat at 7 pm.

This morning, up and ready for work again. Still can't find my insulated coffee cup. And I have increased by oatmeal portion from 1/2 cup dry to 3/4 cup dry. See if it lasts longer in my tummy.

I have a young girl coming by with plans for terrarium building at work. For her grandmother's birthday. She remembers her grandmother making a woodland terrarium with her when the girl was very young. This is something I will never experience. A grandchild. The tender love this 20 something woman has for a memory of time spent with her grandmother. I spent hours and days with my own grandmother as a very young child. Following her around her garden.
Baking bread. Frying donuts. Trying to learn to crochet. Totally LOVED by her. Well, now I am crying. But happy tears.

We will be doing set up for the Open House this weekend. D will be back to work. We'll have a good day. And I have no hope of staying dry. None. Even though it will be colder today, the sun will be shining.

1 comment:

Diane N said...

You are very fortunate in having such wonderful memories of your grandmother and the times you spent with her. It's a precious thing and I am always envious of people who can say that they had wonderful relationships with their grandparents. Two of my grandparents died before I was born, one was mentally ill and the other was married to a shrew who did not want her husband's first family intruding on her time.

Fortunately for me, there was a lady down the street that I came to call "Grandma" and was as close as you can get to the real thing.

If you think you will never have a grandchild, you never will, but it doesn't have to be biological. There are lots of kids out there who could use a "grandma" whether it's by blood or just by caring and compassion. I see the things you create and read your words and think you have so much to share if you so choose.

Hoping you have a good day today.