Monday, March 01, 2010

Friend of Twelve By Twelve

Blue, White and a Touch of Black

I decided to use a theme for the new Colorplay Series that Twelve by Twelve is doing. Their pieces can be shown as 12 of each, mine, if they are ever shown, have to have some connection to each other. So each will have a vase, of some kind, and flowers.

The background here is acrylic painted cotton duck (my own). The applique is commercial cottons and a piece of an old white linen robe. I like the Zen of the piece. It makes me happy.

Pink

I missed the deadline for this piece. I wasn't going to "play along" at first because I had fallen behind with the first series and hadn't gotten the last three challenges completed. But I changed my mind and made this.

The background is acrylic painted fabric (my own) with some bubblewrap stamping. The flowers are created in the style I learned in a Pamela Allen workshop one summer. It's kind of odd but it works here, I think. I backed both of these pieces with white felt (Deborah's suggestion) and I love how easy it is for me to do the zigzag edges and the quilting. No wiggles and nice stitch lines.

I'm looking forward to the next Colorplay challenge.

I am continuing to work on the three unfinished pieces from the first series and will show them next time I do a Friend of Twelve by Twelve post. They are, all three, nearly done.

6 comments:

dee said...

Love that you're playing along with this group. I like the blue and white very much. It's great how you use bits of random stuff like the robe. It's peaceful. The pink is nicely done as well.
Can't wait to see what you come up with next. Seems like a "show" is needed.

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Really nice. I especially love the pink one, but the blue is so nice too.

mathea said...

I really like both pieces, but the blue one is my favourite. I really like the simplicity and the crisp cool colours - perfect for a cold morning in March! I think it's a good idea to choose a theme of your own for these pieces, so that they will belong together.

Hand Quilting Nana said...

I also like both pieces. But the pink is my favorite, I think. I am sort of partial to pink. I have a pink shabby chic bedroom. My husband is so nice about it.

Annie said...

Been away to sunny, but very cold Fl, just buried my dad.

I wanted to let you know how fabulous those 12 by 12's are, love them!

: )

David said...

Fake degrees are in demand ,many customers looking to replace a lost or damaged diploma or degree. Many graduates find that schools only issue one copy of a diploma per student and do not allow replacements in the future.