Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I Can't. I Won't. I Don't Want To.

It's that kind of day. G brought me these two little Legos to use to make little print patterns. I like them. I added little dots in the centers. My diet has gone off the rails due to large bags of potato chips in the lunchroom at work and a box of left over donuts as big as a suitcase. I hope they are all gone (eaten or thrown away) by the time I return to work on Thursday.

Yesterday it was cold and raining really hard all day. I had to water the entire greenhouse since we hadn't been able to water correctly while we had Open House guests shopping. And I got very wet. Shirt. Sleeves. Fleece. Pants. Socks. Miserable. And stayed damp because the greenhouse never warmed up. Miserable. And my first agenda item on coming home was a long, hot shower. And dry clothes. But first I had to drive to the grocery store to buy food for supper. And run into a co worker buying food for her dinner. I was making pizza and D was making Shepherd's Pie. But no Potato Buds on the shelf so D was going to have to make her own mashed potatoes. Shopping in my town on Monday is never a good idea. There wasn't any cherry yogurt either. Which turned out to be a good thing, as G finally mentioned that peach is his favorite. And I had purchased four of those. He likes cherry preserves and peach yogurt.

I have a boatload of things to return to the library and pickup. Tomorrow? Can I wait another day? Still raining. We are supposed to get 2 to 6 inches of rain in a two day period. I have just pulled chicken from the freezer for G's Chicken Marsala. I'll be having the last container of Kale and Tomato soup. I did most of the laundry before or after work this weekend. Clean sheets would be nice.

Interesting conversational topics at work yesterday. This happens when we have few customers and not much to do. Farting. Foods that make us fart. Thankfully, potato chips and donuts weren't on the list or we would have needed the Hazmat truck from the fire department. Brazilian Waxing. Jesse James.

I bought a new kind of soy milk. Unsweetened (80). 10 calories more than the sweetened light (70 per cup). Wonder if it will be that lovely gray color? Skim milk is 90 calories a cup. The one percent I have been drinking for years is 110 per cup. Fewer calories in the milk means more cereal in the bowl. I like a big bowl of cereal. And have even gone to the "heart healthy" 3/4 cup serving recommended on the oatmeal box instead of the 1/2 cup. Less hungry at lunch.

It would be nice if I could just develop a dislike for food. If I could say "I Can't eat that", "I Won't eat that" or better yet "I Don't Want to eat that". I could say this if served fish, liver, lamb, duck, sausage, juicy chicken, Stilton cheese or any moldy cheese or egg based sauce. Everything else? I can say, yes. Please.

I have joined an online class. A Beta Test Pilot. I will blog (with permission) on the process when my class begins. Been a long time since I had assignments etc. Apprehensive but interested enough in the information to give it a try. I Can. I Will. I Want To.

1 comment:

dee said...

I must say your day sounds wet and uncomfortable. Glad you got that hot shower. We're having the same weather. The endless gloom is getting to me.
Sadly, I must report that with the exception of the liver, I adore everything on your hate list...that's what my weight problem comes from.
Husband has the same issues with co-workers snack items. He's trying so hard to lose before the wedding pics in Sept. They keep on bringing in the donuts, chips,etc.
Hope the sun pops out real soon for both of us.
Brazilian waxing scares the hell out of me...eeeeek