Thursday, March 11, 2010

G's Day Off

G began the day with an offer of breakfast at the Freeport Cafe. Eggs and Pancakes. Which I said "YES" to. Now I'm very full and not eating for the rest of the day. Well, perhaps a yogurt later. And we stopped at Cuddledown to see if they had anything interesting in the discount bins. I got a pair of gray/pink floral flannel pajamas. For wearing while reading on the couch. And now we are home and I had to find something to photograph for the blog. I decided on this workshop project. Recently cropped. Still not backed. Still one of my favorite things. Painterly.

A little problem just now with Blogger. Always something. It decided I was finished posting. All by itself. Bad Blogger.

I have a heap of laundry to do as it's clean sheets day here at my house. And I have G's work shirts to iron. As he is running out of shirts with the embroidered company logo. This warm weather has meant less days of wearing the company sweater vest over the repurposed ACE hardware shirts from a past employment opportunity. My slacker days are over. Ironing is back to being an every week endeavour again.

I haven't been doing very well with writing in my journal either. I'm several days behind. Several pages behind. G has reminded me of something I wanted to tell you that happened at dinner last night. Chinese. At a large round table of women (a birthday) was one woman on oxygen. And this is the one woman who ordered the Pu Pu platter with the little Sterno grill and the open flame. And had the Sterno burning away, right in front of her. G and I wondered if it's only cigarette smoking that can ignite the oxygen and not a blue flamed Sterno can? Perhaps it's lighting the cigarette so close to the oxygen tube in the nose? Anyway, we both thought it was ridiculous.

G and Riley have gone off to walk in the woods. I am going to do laundry, take a shower, and do things. I have no idea what. G is planning to pick up tree branches and limbs out in the front yard after the walk. Riley will be assisting by dragging the branches out of whatever pile G puts them in. And then G will bring Riley into the house.

The Fig is outside in the sunshine. The Fig is very busy making new leaves. In just less than a week here, the Fig has started making three new leaves. My greenhouse friend remembers Fig trees in Alabama having huge two foot long leaves. So my Fig has lots of potential. Perhaps I should call him Fig a grow. Figagro.

All this sunshine here in Maine is making me woozey. Too much happiness. I think I will sit outside and charge up my sunshine batteries and darken the tan on my face. While the clothes get washed. Look at me being productive!

4 comments:

Diane N said...

Any flame can ignite oxygen. My father was on oxygen for close to ten years and they even warned against using petroleum products (like Vicks) around it.

Now after my stern warning, let me say that I love, love, love the photo of the piece you shared with us in today's blog. I can easily see why it's one of your favorites. I think it's just great. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Terry Grant said...

Oh I do love that piece! Painterly for sure.

dee said...

This piece is really wonderful.

Annie said...

I'm with the other girls on that piece, wonderful!

: )