Friday, May 31, 2024

Spring Notes- Friday, May 31st. Sunshine and 74 degrees. I am drooping.


 Postcard from Provence.

I don't do well as seasons transition.  I don't do well in heat and humidity.  Because I am old.

I drank two full glasses of water....I might have a third...be right back. Last night I got up to put the down comforter back on the bed- I was freezing.... 

Getting dressed...I am wearing a white linen shirt.  Soft and light and very comfortable.  I have a closet full and none would button...  this one buttons all the way to the end of the buttons.    If we go someplace that sells things--I might buy a scale and weigh myself.

My Fruit of the week: Pears and Peaches.  I would like Bananas but they give me acid reflux these days. I also bought Rhubarb to bake with the frozen Strawberries in the freezer-- perhaps a cobbler like thing- I am not in the mood to make a pie crust..  And I bought yogurt with black cherries in it.  I'm feeling "fruity".

I have no clue as to the titles of the books in my book bag.  It's heavy so there are quite a few.  I also have a bunch in my own bookshelf.   That I really enjoy reading.  I finished reading the Paradise Problem by Christina Lauren.  Okay, but I won't be tempted to buy it.  I also read Happily Never After.  Lynn Painter. I have loved all her books...but this one- lacked something.... the previous book- Mr Wrong Number- that one I have read 5 or more times.  I might just be reading off my own bookshelf this week.

Well, I have a cookie and a hot cup of coffee waiting next to my regular seat on the couch.  I also have a book.  so...I am settling in and might watch Bones season one or two and then Tennis.  I also need to finish pasting things to the desk top calendar as a new month starts tomorrow.

And if I remind myself....I might not have finished reading the morning paper.  Tomorrow is June.

No comments: