Thursday, May 16, 2024

Spring Notes- I skipped a Day.....accidentally. Thursday, May 16th. Cloudy with excellent chance for rain.


 This bowl of soup looks amazing.

I have no explanation for not posting yesterday.  Stuff was going on or not going on.....I did send out several long emails which might have suggested to my brain that I had posted.....

The guys finished with the tree work and handed me the bill.  Sigh.  And then the Lawn Guys showed up with a negative attitude......well perhaps just "attitude" which was not appreciated.  The Tree Guys were here when it happened and they were sort of stunned.....I am only guessing as to what THEIR boss would have said if they had acted like that.........Over the years I have witnessed some of their boss....... he never yells, no swear words but burns a strip .... quietly.....if they have done or said anything to a customer that wasn't polite and proper..  

I might need to look elsewhere for grass cutting.

I am seeing exactly how much my husband did- slowly and quietly..in the yard, to keep everything looking nice.  The Lawn Guy left two areas unmowed because there was debris in the way. He did stand the bird feeder that had tipped over...up..... and pointed that out to me.  He was supposed to have done "clean up" before coming to mow....he did not.  Saying he'd been ill. Was behind....etc etc...

In that frame of mind, I collected paperwork and images regarding the property--mine and next door.  And since the husband was out weeding I walked over and spoke to him (quietly and with no agenda) regarding the propane tanks....being on my property...thus being something I had to worry about.  I showed him the maps and we both discovered that the side of his house is actually on the property line...so the parking pullout, propane tanks etc are on my side, my property .....to say he was shocked...the seller had NOT provided them a map-- was an understatement.  I saw it as a massive mistake by the Realtor...and said so.  I said he could verify everything at the Town Office...where the images I gave him  came from.  I want those tanks moved....

I was wide awake well before 7 am.this morning  So I must have caught up with the missed sleeping.  And I went to bed later than usual.  I will miss the long hours of restorative sleep.  I am possibly coming out of the stupor I was in.......who will I be now????  I can't even imagine...........but it's not who I was.

I was looking at the Goodbye poster board signed thing Son found in the cabinet...I still don't know which job I was leaving- I read the goodbye notes- trying to get an idea....and that's when I noticed the "I Love You" written by someone....and never noticed.....it brought tears to my eyes.  so long ago.

No comments: