Monday, May 20, 2024

Spring Notes- Proof Of Life. Monday May 20th. Sunshine.


 The blog posts as a sort of "Proof of Life" for the 10 people who check here to make sure I made it thru another day and night.  I did.  Excuse me while I sneeze.  Whoa that was a big sneeze.

I also did a load of wash..it's in the dryer now.  I thought about doing the wash the past few days...but this morning..I went ahead and pushed the buttons.  Got it going.

My hot pot that boils water decided not to this morning and I gave it a few minutes of "time out" and then another chance to make hot water and....it did.. slowly..so I have coffee.   I tried to do yesterday's sudoko and didn't get many squares filled......my breakfast was okay.  I paid four bills.  Son just took them out to the box by the street....our new mailbox.  Still no idea when or if the new stove shows up............

Everything (that is old) seems to be giving out.....I really dislike having to go to Target to buy anything new.  We don't have many shopping choices anymore.  I'm old and worry that I might wake up one day and find some of my parts have given out.  Given up.  Target wouldn't help with that.

I am reading one of the four or five surviving Jude Devereaux books still on the library shelves (my local library ).  The missing ones were put on a rolling cart by the front door- free books.  This is not the one I wanted.  It's a Mallory book and has some of the Anderson guys.....American Sea Captains.  Not Pirates.  The Anderson Boys are interesting.  Captive of my Desires.

I thought this was Pirate Book.  Well, if I recall...they all will be going out to sea. Eventually.  And that's where the Pirates are....... for the time being everyone is drinking Rum and going to fancy dress balls.

I have "Un-Pasted" circles to color.....in my art notebook- and replaced them with circles and drawings I made myself....mine are better- more interesting...the printed circles were boring.  While watching English Soccer and then.....Law and Order.  Been awhile since I watched a string of older episodes- wide women's jackets with shoulder pads...big hair.  I was reminded of stitching, coloring etc while Riley paid attention to the Law and Order content.  I miss that Dog.....


No comments: