Wednesday, May 08, 2024

Spring Notes- Wednesday, May 8th Sun peeking thru. but still seems cloudy.


 My freezer is full of strawberries I picked and then froze a few Junes ago..  MY oven still not working so a PIE is not something I can do.  I could reimagine my frozen berries and some cream into ice cream in the VitaMix which hasn't been used in such a very long time.

I have changed channels and am now watching Bones from episode one on BBC America. I gave up on 1169 the Charge Station....they are still showing programs I like in the small old fashion square format. Not full screen.  Episodes from 2004 and 2005.   Another station had the SAME episodes full screen last week. So...totally bogus shit.  I'll just watch 10 years of Bones.

It's mostly just to have some people sounds in the house with me.  Law and Order is not a sure thing anymore...like it was when Riley watched and slept and I watched and stitched.

I went back to my Daily Coloring Project.  A few days got skipped but that's Life.  I found a hand held pencil sharpener that works great....so that's an improvement.  I can sharpen as I wear the pencil down.

One full dump truck across the street.  The garage looks empty...It was packed in the years I recall going over there.  Old box springs went into the truck.  Letting go is a real struggle for my neighbor.  A guy on a ladder spray washed the two story house (with bleach) and then another guy is up a ladder washing the windows. I "almost" walked over to ask them to spray wash my house and windows.

One Tree Guy came for a short time and cleared the front lawn of branch piles and logs.  Then left all the huge John Deer equipment in the driveway pull out.  My lawn looks pretty damn great...very green and velvety.  Looks like it might rain today or just be cloudy.  All I need now is TruGreen to show up again and spray fertilizer on the grass and weed killer.   Then the Lawn Guys ........who will rake  the leaves out of the flower beds.  I'm not done spending money yet.

I had a slice of pizza topped with romaine lettuce and ranch dressing...lovely lunch/dinner yesterday. I might do the same today.  Or "bake" my last sweet potato in the microwave and have it with butter and melted cheese.  Two great Lunch Choices.

I am thinking about Tomato Plants.  From that Farm Store behind the Grocery Store.  I'm pretty sure I want them.

1 comment:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Sigh I need that guy with the ladder.