Saturday, May 25, 2024

Spring Notes- Saturday,May 25th 70 degrees and sunshine here in Maine.


 Watermelon Margarita.  Not mine.

People are visiting and looking at my cross the street neighbor's For Sale house.  Old people and young people.  Would be nice to have younger families on the street.  The majority of us are older and not working any more. Several of these young family men were heavily tattooed.  I find the skin art to be interesting.  One guy at the grocery store had the planets all over his chest, shoulder and arms- but stopped at elbows....I wanted to ask him about that but he was very busy stocking shelves.  And I was an old senior citizen woman.  He had on a thin white V-neck tee shirt and the ink was visible.

I used the new microwave to make my oatmeal this morning.  I pushed the number 3 and it started before I could press the two zeros.  So...great oatmeal- push three. Son said it was going to be easy. He also said I could program my oatmeal and then just press some other button....but "3" got the job done.

I have wash in the machine....so... listening for it to be finished.

I was looking at the liquor aisle single serving mixed drinks and my Son started quizzing me about my sudden interest in alcohol..  I said it's not sudden and it's just something I am interested in looking at- same as I would look at anything else. Like fresh fruit.  Kleenex boxes. Like I often stand and look at everything in the Stationary/Post-its/Pens/glue stick aisle.  And nothing there is new....but I look just in case. Which is why I have orange, hot pink and turquoise Post It notes.. could have missed out.

In the liquor aisle they had premixed single servings of a Coffee Martini.  Wouldn't you give that a second look?  The bottle had a lovely shape as well. And then we moved on...and got the Cherry Single Serving Fruit Pies I noticed last week....Son said no last week but yes this week.  Noticing things isn't a bad habit.

No comments: