Thursday, May 30, 2024

Spring Notes- Thursday, May 30th. Cloudy and 64 degrees. No wind. Grass being cut.


 Now that the New Stove (I think the real descriptive word is Range).....is lit up, we will be buying things for the next week that can go in the oven.   I might bake a Bundt Cake.  Son does like a small slice of something sweet each day. I have frozen peaches and strawberries.

We will certainly have pizza.  And I would love green things on top.

Overcast today as if we are expecting some rain.  A bit chilly in the downstairs- I haven't opened a window as yet in 2024.  I might keep it that way.  No longer wearing a sweater in the house. Still wearing socks.  My fingers are cold....

The fridge shelves are getting bare.....I had some leftover Chinese yesterday re-heated on Express 5.  Was perfectly reheated.  My oatmeal gets Express 3. I was not a big fan of the Express system but now...yes!!!! I drag my feet over new things....reluctant to use them.  Art Supplies included in that reluctance.

I need to turn on some lights....it's pretty dark in the house...be right back.  That's better.

I wrote checks for some bills- one for snowplowing.  It had just arrived... I am guessing Wayne found someone to do his bookkeeping.

The young man cutting the back lawn did the way back as well.  That will cut down on ticks. The "way back" is behind the fenced vegetable garden... I can see horseradish growing, fresh baby leaves on the grape vines, the French lilac flowering in the fenced garden.  My friend Patty should be arriving at any moment with an armload of rhubarb stalks.  I will make a pie.

I watched the French Tennis......It was really raining HARD.

Not a fan of Bones with Bangs.....will be watching other things.  Reading the newest from Christina Lauren. And I have the newest from Lynn Painter.  I also have two Hilderbrand books. I walked over to see correct spelling but then asked Son how he had nuked his lunch food and he was unresponsive....(warm not hot) so. I gained no helpful info.


No comments: