Thursday, May 23, 2024

Spring Notes- Thursday, May 23rd. Cloudy with a chance of Sun.


 Van Gogh.  Stormy day in Van Gogh land.

New Stove and microwave are due to be delivered and installed tomorrow.  Which is Library and Grocery Day.  So some adjustments will need to be made.  I have enough food.  Between 8:30 and 11:00. One of us must be over the age of 18.

I am adjusting to the warmer weather by not wearing socks today and a short sleeve tee instead of the thermal shirt. 79 degrees outside and 70 in the house (still no AC running) (no windows open).

House viewing across the street.   Younger couple.  He was covered in ink and driving a huge black truck. She was driving a newer station wagon.....both looked like they were on their way to work. Possibly have children? 

Another two people and the guy looks exactly like my Son.... weird.  

Sunshine coming out from behind clouds.....

Well, I have Bones episodes recorded and a new fresh drawing in my coloring notebook to color.  I peeled all the printed things off the pages and drew my own designs.

Daughter gave her father a small book of 300 writing prompts.  He wrote one.  I am going thru the book and if a prompt interests me...I write something....my two children can find the book after I am dead.

I started in on the hot dogs yesterday.....they were for this past week but....things never quite go as one would like.  I followed the hot dogs a few hours later with a frozen yogurt bar.   The thick chocolate coating is the best part.  Especially as Bones is fishing body parts out of some soupy mess. No Martini.

But I might follow my friend's husband's pointer- and freeze the glass.  Then make the drink in the freezing cold glass.  Will buy olives on the next shopping trip.  And whatever I am supposed to add to the Gin.  I think it starts with a P or a V. My Son knows.  Today I have a ready made Cosmo.

And the ever popular (with me)...Gin and Tonic.  And tons of Lime.   Just One.  Moderation.

2 comments:

DianeN said...

For martinis - vermouth?

Deb Lacativa said...

I never liked gin. This fall past I invented a drink that will thankfully be seasonal or I would be a full-time lush. In a big tumbler, two ounces of bourbon (we had Southern Comfort) and a heavy dose of lime juice over four or five fat ice cubes, fill the rest of the way with apple cider. Cherries and lime if you like frills. Just delicious. One will do just fine.