Saturday, May 04, 2024

Cold Spring Notes- 63 degrees but still wearing a sweater in the house.


 I have one blueberry scone left... trying not to eat it...

Still no news from the Appliance People... regarding the electricity issue.

I consulted the "internet" and I can boil water in my electric tea kettle- soak pasta, covered for some to be determined minutes and then microwave.   Pasta.  We have a rice cooker and two air fryers.  We have camping experience.  Really, I hardly miss the stove.  We can order pizza.  Perhaps a calzone. I can make a salad with my "expired" (son's opinion) salad greens.  The radishes are crisp and quite peppery.  Very very nice.  

I purchased some deli pulled pork yesterday when we did the week's shopping and my intention is a salad with microwaved pulled pork and some cheese shredded on top.  Perhaps some sour cream.  Delightful. I also bought some really nice, heavy navel oranges for my afternoon snack time.  Weight Watchers recommends I eat fruit with a low fat cheese stick.   I am not getting how that is a good idea.

The Tree Guys are here.  Chain saws.  Any minute I expect my new neighbor to have them all in HER yard.  It has happened more times than I am comfortable with.  She also had a electrician at her house yesterday.  She probably also has a working mouse.  For her computer.  I don't.

My fingers are very very cold.  I feel very very cold.   I forgot to turn up the furnace (to 64).

This happens every sunny day I decide not to wear a sweater...just wear a cotton work shirt with a thermal long sleeved tee.  And I'm cold.

I am noticing how much and how often I use that damned mouse.  What an annoyance.  It just  JUST needs batteries.....sigh.  We are trying not to use a bag full of batteries...way too often.

I am also pissed with  the Charge Station showing their programs that I watch in the old fashioned SQUARE format and not full screen.... so I stopped watching... and therefore have nothing really to do but  the daily coloring page in my notebook.  Sharpen my coloring pencils....stare into space.....read.  We sorted something the other day... Son finds so many things to work on....like finding lids that actually fit on the storage tubs.......that took awhile.  We ended up with extras....as usual.

I have read two Devereaux and have one more to go in the Bride's Series.  Next one is my actual favorite. Well, I am tired of not being able to use the mouse so I am quitting this post... It's long and boring enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Order the pizza to eat today and a calzone to heat up tomorrow! It’s Derby Day!