Tuesday, May 07, 2024

Spring Notes- Tuesday, May 7th. Garbage and Recycling pIck Up Day. Sunshine in the 60's


 I no longer have roses.  The deer would hop the fences and eat them.

With more traffic on the road way behind my house..open land....the deer forage less and less.  But when they DID come into the yard they ate everything.....which is why my vegetable garden has a fence taller than I am.  I think they get hit by cars on that road.  Running across the road.

Little tiny but beautiful blue flowers are growing in the front lawn near the curved sidewalk.  Years ago a neighbor living in number 2 came down and said I needed a curved walk...and he proceeded to dig it out and bring the cement in and I have a curved sidewalk.  That's kind of how it was in the first years here. We were actually knock on the door..come on in..neighbors....  Not so much now.  I might be the oldest residential neighbor.  I remember all the people who lived here when we moved in...none of them are here. I miss the old guy next door with his wolf hybrid dog.  He fell in his bath tub and broke his neck and was paralyzed from the neck  down...  His only wish was to die....  His wife kept him alive.  How did I get to that story?????  Neighbors.  Little blue flowers.

Son and I might dig them out of the grass and replant them....the flowers not the neighbors.

Yesterday..after the Town Office....I snapped all the faded dry daffodil flowers off the stems.... put the dry flower heads in the compost bin.  I filled a brown paper grocery bag with dry daffodil flowers.  Some of them are still looking great (I didn't snap those)....I would love to have a garden like the one in the photo up top.  Sit at that table with coffee in the morning or in the afternoon...or both. Possibly with a friend visiting.  Watch the big fat bees buzzing around the flowers.

One can dream.  Feed Store behind the grocery store- where I got the Miracle Grow also had very healthy looking Tomato plants...still small but very sturdy.  I am tempted to return and buy some Early Girl plants. This store also sells fresh eggs from a farm....they have sold eggs for all of the almost 40 years I have lived here. It's kind of what I love about my Town.... parts of it are still "farmy".

The garbage and recycling truck has come and gone....



No comments: