Saturday, June 01, 2024

Spring Notes- Saturday, June first. 79 degrees and Sunshine in Maine.


 Postcard from Provence.

I am trying to get ahead of the confusion that is my picture file.  Too tiny for me to actually recognize the images.  So..from now on- it goes here and then the one in the file goes into the garbage can on the bottom of the screen.

Yes, I know...I rarely have much follow thru these days. But nice to even think I have a plan.

Son and I have spent time looking for lost things- I think we will take the weekend off.  He's gone out to have some lunch and get his head shaved.  I recall the ten year old version with long curling hair.  Just like mine is now but brown not the white of mine.  Pure white so I am thankful to my grandmother.  She had pure white hair but spent time and effort coloring it.  I did color mine well into my 40's and then said- the hell with it.  I like it white.  Still not long enough  to rubber band into a topknot.  I am definitely looking forward to that by my 78th birthday.  Three plus months away... should be long enough by then.

It is really quite lovely...Just wet it in the morning, comb the ends under and ...it's great all day.  There is a "new to me" wave over my forehead which is really quite nice.

Was channel surfing and stopped at Moonstruck with Cher and Nick Cage.  Before they fixed his teeth and got him to lift weighs and styled his hair. Cher was a knockout for sure in this movie.  My TiVo says I recorded it.  Looking forward to watching it again. I love when something like this happens...pure joy.

I stopped taking the gummy vitamins- bottle was nearly empty.  Back to the regular ones I sometimes choke on.  I didn't choke this morning and also back to the daily Tylenol so the thigh bones on the right side- not as painful.  All good things.  Drinking extra water seems to be helping the ankles/legs..

I stayed in bed thinking a lot longer than usual.  I woke up with a few things on my mind...... I am also considering buying pods for husband's Keurig or buying ground coffee and using son's coffee maker. I have been drinking instant and...I am so over it.  I also have three or four different sizes of French Press and could do coffee that way as well.  I used to...I might even grind beans.  Did that also years ago.

Book I tried reading yesterday...not happening.  So today I chose another one or go to the bookcase for a "sure bet".  


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pods for the Keurig sounds like the easiest solution .. instant coffee is the worst .... You're going to love rediscovering coffee !

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Yes, ditch the instant coffee and move on. You will be so much happier with just that one little hange.