Friday, June 07, 2024

Spring Notes- Friday, June 17th-- Overcast, Cloudy but Moist. 64 degrees outside and 68 inside..


 Leading Lady Pink Bee Balm.   None of this in my yard-  Why????

The guys came and mowed the grass.  I marked the calendar.  We visited the Library.  We did the Grocery Shopping.  I did not buy much.  Nothing seemed interesting. I looked at the meat loaf prepared meal for a while......didn't pick one up.  I have a large bag of frozen meatballs in the freezer......I could nuke them on one of the magical buttons on the new microwave. I could make sauce or just use pizza sauce..

I could.

My hair has gone from okay to what the hell is wrong with her in a matter of days.  I should try the rubber band again. Get all the wildness grouped together. At some point it's going to be workable.  Tennis Guy Hair.  Top Knot.  But it's not there yet.

Sigh.  So many things I could do...but so few of them I actually want to do.  

I am wearing clothes I wore a long time ago- still not small enough to wear Greenhouse Clothes. That would be a real triumph. I was in fantastic shape in those years. I was also always very very dirty.  Caked with sand and grit.  By the time I stopped working there- I could barely walk- my knees/hips gave out.

I do want a Junior Bacon Cheeseburger Meal from Wendy's.  $5.00.  I have memorized the commercial.

I have a working stove- I can now make Soup.....I have a multitude of cans of Wendy's Chili.  I could eat that.........we'll be making Pizza on Sunday.  I have bread for Grilled Cheese Sandwiches.  And for Bacon Lettuce Tomato Sandwiches.  I have food......  I have 20 or more Bones episodes recorded.

I seemed to have rewound from paragraph two to eight.  Meatballs to Chili.

That's it.   The sewn by hand appliquéd pieces of a quilt- from years ago- has failed to turn up after many searches.  I did the saw tooth edging strips on long car rides etc.  The interior blocks are very large and I lost interest in them with half of them finished.  Now everything is Missing Without a Trace.

But right now and for the next few days-- I am reading.....I have books that have a 6 days expiration date.  And I want to read ALL of them.......



No comments: