Thursday, June 06, 2024

Spring Notes- Thursday, June 6th- I missed an entire day here. What is happening????


 I haven't started having an afternoon cocktail as yet...but the Gin bottle is NOW in the fridge getting cold. Along with the limes and the Tonic.  My Lunch Buddy and I are celebrating the loss of our least favorite male tennis player.  Knee injury.

I missed posting yesterday and never even noticed.  Well, I am past the half way mark of my 70's. My socks still match and I do comb my hair (once a day).  And none of my clothing is inside out....I did notice that on customers when I was working the Greenhouse.  Inside out clothes...miss matched shoes.  I never said anything......but did ask if they had driven themselves to the store.  Then alerted the guys at the cash registers..... our store was on a heavy traffic road.  Plenty of crashes all Summer long.

Daughter returned my heating pad and now must buy Pookie (her cat) one.  Of her very own. Pink???

One of my books has a kidnapping of a teen aged girl... so that one goes back unread.

I have three books waiting at the the library for me.. from other Libraries.  That interlibrary service will be terminated for the next 6 or more wks.  Contract Difficulties.  I have my personal books to read. Until they get things back into shape......but I can go to any Library and check out books.  Drive there myself etc. Like that will happen..... but nice to know it's available to us.  One particular library has a larger than usual collection of stuff I like reading.....but 40 minute drive one way.  I'll try the bookstores first.

Tennis.  All the "before I hit the ball" things these players do.  Ticks.   I am getting bored with it all. Nadal was the worst.....at least 10 things before he was prepared to serve.  But I will still watch for an hour or two if the book I am reading gets dull.

Son and I chatted about how invested we each might be to get rid of the riding mower husband set on fire last Summer.  It had JUST come back from the Dealer after repairs....and he drove it over a gas can.  No way we recoup any of those costs.  Husband liked it because he would drive it around instead of walking.  The mower hardly ever mowed anything.  And now I have a mowing service. We had a mowing service the day after the fire.  Husband never noticed......just saying.

TruGreen left a new bill and it might rain in the next 24 hours- let the good times roll.  And whatever he sprinkled might actually do work (crabgrass).....Daughter checked...Peaches--Yes---- then Plum Tree- another Yes!! Life on the "farm" is good...

It's raining.......no that must have been something else.  





No comments: