Monday, October 02, 2023

This will be short one.

Husband was great all day yesterday (like normal so it was very very nice)...even into the evening when we sort of watched the Terrible Patriots Game.  And even after that as I was putting him to bed...he was actually sort of happy and chatty..

4am.....he had gotten himself to bathroom but couldn't get his pants down so peed all over himself and the floor. I had quite bit of cleanup to do....and then this morning in so much pain he couldn't stand or walk or sit or do anything without crying out in pain.  His back... 

I cleaned him and tried to get him back to bed- but his back ...I think he has a decaying backbone (spine). That is very painful....I double "pee padded" him.....he has a washable pee pad under him...I just needed- at 4 am to get him back in bed....... It was awful.  Moving caused him a great deal of pain.

He had his regular morning pills and one Tylenol. I had the heating pad on him but shut it off to see if that was over heating him or if he actually has a fever.  Daughter says a fever is a very bad thing... I think he is just overheated- he always thinks he's cold.........and usually his hands and feet are ice cold- even in summer.  There are lots of possibilities here as to what is wrong with him.....and not mental.

I am so thankful I ordered- over the phone- a new washer dryer in March....the machine is amazing. And has been on active duty the past 9 days......

My Lunch Buddy picked up the book I had on reserve at library  and took the bag full of books to be returned.

Daughter is waiting for a prescription to be filled...for the terrible rash on her eye lids.... then she will come over.

I know exactly why husband is weak and dizzy- he hasn't eaten anything but one small yogurt each day and water, orange juice and some lemonade.  He DOES NOT WANT TO POOP HIS PANTS so he has STOPPED EATING........

In anyone else I would think he wanted to die....but he does not want to die.

I am reading a very interesting book by a Maine Author- Cowardly Woman No More.  by Ellen Cooney. I intend to order a copy from the Independent Bookstore.... It's weird and so very very different. I like the way she puts words together to make images....that stay in one's mind..... It is NOT a Rom Com

2 comments:

Deb Lacativa said...

Do yourself and your washing machine a huge favor and get a box of Depends. They could almost pass for regular undies. Don't ask, just help him step in.

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Yes. What Deb said. Amazon will deliver to your door.