Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Field Notes- It's Wednesday Morning. I have been up and dressed since 8.


 I love this...old denim scraps to cover a chair.

So.....he fell asleep after the Aide gave him a bed bath at 1:30 yesterday....and he hasn't been awake since.  I did get him to drink something and take his evening pills.  He did not wake me- by trying to get out of bed at 3 am and then again at 5 am....I woke up on my own and checked him....asleep.

He is breathing..I checked.

People are calling- just now a social worker.  The aide is coming at 1:30.

This day is not like any of the other days...I now sort of miss the other days...... he is usually in a great mood with the Aide who bathes him and gets him nicely settled into bed with clean clothes etc.....

I slept all night.  Which is new.....I am NOT used to it.....being rested.. I need to eat.  I need to walk to the street box and get the newspaper.....I need to eat breakfast.......the day has begun in a very new way....and I have no idea what to expect.....

No comments: