Sunday, October 22, 2023

Field Notes- Sunday, October 22nd-- Quiet Sunday with rain and a little chill in the air.


 Son says we are listening to very Zen music......( he is not a fan)

Husband had two spoons of yogurt and then refused any more....he does drink quite a bit of water and orange juice.  And he had some ice cream yesterday.  He sleeps most of the day and night.

He says his whole skeleton hurts. All his bones.

Yesterday all my cloth from the upstairs came downstairs. I had emptied all the storage tubs that held the remains of a quilting hobby...aka junk.   Then the containers went back up and got filled with the folded cloth on the shelves.  Now it's stacked in the sewing room down stairs... handy,  In case I want o use it.   Or give it away.

And son has an open and empty closet to use for his things....when they arrive.

The Linus Project in Portland got a huge amount (of cloth off my shelves) years ago (from my closet)...the quilters made "blankets" I don't know why they call them that.....for police cars and shelters to give to the children in times of stress and fear.  These days both places want acrylic fiber items not cotton.  So the groups just bind the cut edges and it's done.

Son has gone to the grocery store and remembered his shopping bags this time.   We also looked into the Pantry and found things that were years old.......I REALLY have not cooked anything in a very very long time.  I will go the extra step and admit that I have probably been seriously depressed for a long long time.

In FANTASTIC NEWS... the printer is now speaking English....yes, indeed, no more foreign  languages ..... And the printer is printing things off the computer (air) and that is so VERY exciting.  A Computer Engineer was all I needed.

And the TiVo is now...well, I can turn up the SOUND and actually hear what people are saying...I had to make a promise not to watch so much MSNBC.......so he also fixed the volume and it was so easy- there was a place to do it and I didn't even KNOW.  He vacuumed the upstairs and got webs off the screens in the windows.  He could probably take the screens down.  Room looks amazing. He will set up his gaming consoles there and sit on his couch.....and feel "at home"...as soon as his things get here.

Until then,,,,we are going to do some cooking....and we need to find places for his cookware.....

2 comments:

DianeN said...

Just to let you know that I'm thinking of you and your family, Joanne. Take care.

Paula, the quilter said...

I can tell that you seem to be in a better headspace. I’m glad. I think of you daily. Can you feel the positive thoughts?