Saturday, October 14, 2023

Field Notes- Saturday, October 14th. Son's household is packed and heading East. He is in Vegas to visit a long time friend and co-worker. before driving cross country.


 I pinched marigold flowers off the plants out front...saving "seed" with hopes of Milk Jug Seed Starting in January (something normal).  For the back garden...  Two other flowers were closed and dry so they came in as well.  The bees are still overnighting in the petals of the pink flowers. 54 degrees this morning.

I have to empty and sift the container soil....re-useable.  Some of it is over ten years old.  Sterile. You add the nutrition yourself in tiny golden beads.....I keep forgetting the name of the product. I can describe it and even draw a picture of it...but can't recall it's name.

It was quiet last night and I slept- but still- perhaps forever ......waking at 2 or 3 am and then again 3 hours later. He is still asleep. the 8 pm emergency medication from the Hospice Nurse.......works.  But perhaps too much?  Do I want him asleep more than awake????

He must have stirred in the night as his one blanket is pulled up high under his chin...he complains most about being cold.

I had wash in the washer that I had not moved to the dryer....it's in there now..

I slept well..I forgot to write that in the top paragraph.  I slept well.  I am rested. Calm.  I have cherry tomatoes from the Twin's Mom in the fry pan and will be roasting them in the oven and then mixing into freshly boiled pasta.....I am planning to actually have a meal and not just yogurt and bran buds.

Well, best laid plans...laundry, drier mishap with protective liner for bed (pee pad)..thank goodness I had Peggy order two more from Amazon.

No comments: