Friday, October 20, 2023

Field Notes- October 20th- Forecast of two days of RAIN. Colder temps here in Maine.


 This looks really good.....I have tried to eat...some or more than usual.  It's hard work. Yesterday I ate too much (McDonald's French Fries) and paid the price.  I will be more careful today.

Son and I are sharing duties now- he observed for a few days but now feels comfortable on his own as caregiver.  Giving me time to sleep or just stare at the walls or out the windows..   I discovered a few expired things in the fridge and emptied the containers etc....then I had some toast. I may return and wash some of the glass shelves.  Son's pots and pans etc have already arrived in Maine....two containers... he is trying to empty the big second floor room- was happy to find a central vac outlet up there- that second floor will be his living space.  But the bathroom up there is not nice- needs to be improved- so he will have sole use of the hall bath....I will have sole use of the Master bath.  We will share the washer dryer in the bath closet.

 Care taking is sort of like walking in fog or a cloud..... direction is impossible to determine.

Son is doing laundry in my new machine.  The first time I did laundry in that machine I was on edge hoping it actually worked.....

That food in the image is looking pretty good to me today. But I need to move slowly.......

I finished reading a good book with Trans characters.  Their pronouns do not define them.

I have three or four books waiting for pick up at the Library- Nancy will get them on one of her visits to Town--no hurry as my personal bookcase is well stocked.  

Son and I have discovered that neither of us has any interest in driving G's Big Jeep.  So we are considering trading it in for something smaller.....a Volvo.  With all the flashing, dinging safety features etc. Volvo actually stop (when anticipating danger) without consulting you.... the driver.  We will either get the Honda Fit road ready and sell it or .....donate it to some cause as is....I feel very comfortable with these decisions.  I doubt I will ever drive a car again..but could surprise myself... 

I am trying to find a way to transfer my large portfolio of Canning Jars etc to a good home. This would open up a significant amount of space for son's cookware. I do not wan to set the jars out for the Garbage/Recycling collectors.  any ideas?


3 comments:

JOAN HUTTER said...

Hi, regarding your post the other day about TiVo going out of business.... You might consider getting Direct TV. I have had it for years and I can record all kinds of shows which I never watch live. You can also pause a show and go back to see what you missed. I especially like that feature and I use closed captions on my favorite English mystery shows.
Take care my prayers are with you. Joan Hutter

LindaSonia said...

As far as your canning jars go - Do you have a Salvation Army or other donation site in your area? Typically you can make arrangements for them to come and pick up a variety of household items, or you or your son or daughter could drop stuff off at their physical site.

Diane Perin said...

Joanne, I feel for you. In the past 18 months I have did a lot of that sort of caregiving for my parents. It is exhausting and numbing and emotional. Hard to do anything even with down-time. I’m glad your son is with you.